Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The House

I promised two people two different things, and in the genius that is my mind- I found a way to kill two birds with one stone...so Meagan--- here are the house pics (finally)--- and Carrie---here is another blog (finally...but in my defense on that one, I average about two posts per year, so consider yourself lucky that I've done two posts in two months).

First the downside----
Welcome to across our street. This is the only place in the entire neighborhood where it looks like a garbage dump...and I personally believe there is at least one dead body in there somewhere, which is why we a)avoid it, and b) keep our screen and front door locked.

Here is the front of the house--- complete with snow, a scarecrow, and the most ridiculous weeds I have ever encountered. After weeding three times throughout the summer, and using four bottles of weed killer, I have decided they literally are the spawns of satan and we're going to try and find some Holy Water to take care of them this summer. (If you know where we can find any feel free to let us know).

Next we have the spare room...or side room...maybe it's the sitting room. We call it the piano/bookcase/table that Reagan destroys room. The piano is something we acquired over the summer, and there is a story behind it, but we won't get into it here. All you need to know is there was a lot of cat and dog fecal matter....a grosso of an older lady...and sheep. NEVER AGAIN. But we like how the room turned out--- and actually the table isn't there anymore so we have a blank space, but we're looking for a little loveseat to put there. All in good time.

Then there is the computer room---and this is pretty much all it consists of. It's probably the most exciting place in the house--- I mean look at it--- it's a party zone.

The living room is where we do all of our...you guessed it...living :) Andy's favorite feature of the house currently resides here, and if you don't know what it is---then you don't really know him. I'll give you a hint---it keeps him in tune with his "passion" (aka...obsession). The rug (which you can barely see, ties in to our next pic--- which sucks a bit---but it was my first time--- and I have grand plans to improve!)
Enter sucky paintings- however they do add color to our house and it does tie in with our carpet, so David Bromstad from Color Splash would be happy.
Our bedroom is actually really fun---meaning the setup (get your minds out of the gutter). There are double doors that open up into it- we usually have the one bolted shut, but when Andy tries to be cavalier, and carries me into the bedroom, we have to open up both doors. Sad day. He doesn't do it that often because of the grunting that occurs as he is carrying me. I can only handle so many blows to the self-esteem :)

Here we have the spare/Reagan's bathroom. It is about the size of an airplane bathroom...the only difference is we provide an air freshner...someday they'll catch on.

Finally we have Ms. Reagan's room. Andy picked out the bed set for it about six months before she came-- and we played the cheap card at target and bought the wire basket holders- and so far it's worked out quite nicely. There again we could expound with a story, this time involving meat scissors and an almost cut off finger...but another time (thank you again to the Richins who helped us save $75 and a late night trip to the Instacare...this is why you need to move back).
And the best part of the whole house? (Minus the fun bedroom ;)

TA-DA!!!

The End









3 comments:

Carrie Richins said...

Yay, I'm so glad you posted! I love your house, it looks so good! I hope you guys can come and visit, we really miss our Schmidtys.

P.S. How is that finger from the meat scissors incident? Do you still have a massive scar?

Sarah Nitta said...

This is the Schmidtiest house I have ever seen. I LOVE IT!!! Steph, you are one funny girl, like I am laughing out loud (by myself of course) in my office. Door is open, and people think that I am crazy. I will your face quite a bit. I quit, by the way. I'll have to catch you up. LOVE YOU!

C & E said...

Steph you never cease to amaze me with your cleverness. Your house is awesome thanks for the virtual tour!